Looking for a personal yet professional in-home respite or living arrangement?
Staffing OptionS "Alternate Family Living Arrangements" offers you an alternative to centre-based or group-home respite and living arrangements. Staffing OptionS contracts families who are able to take children or adults with a disability as a new family member while providing them support for:
- short-term family stay
- one-off stay
- regular stay, or
- ongoing living arrangements
What are the benefits?
- The child or adult with a disability becomes an integral member of the AFLA family
- The AFLA contractor and their family offers a harmonious, nurturing and caring home and family environment
- Very often a close relationship develops between the AFLA family and the family of the person receiving support, which enhances the well-being of the child or adult with a disability and their families
- Alternate Family Living Arrangements can support people with a range of disability and support needs
- Alternate Family Living Arrangements can support people from a range of backgrounds
- The AFLA contractor provides personal yet professional support to meet the individual needs
Can you tell me more about the families?
All contractors providing Alternate Family Living Arrangements have:
- Qualifications and experience in providing support to people with a wide range of needs within the disability spectrum
- A property assessment with yearly safety checks
- A Blue Card (Working with Children) and / or Yellow Card (Disability Services Positive Notice)
- A First Aid & CPR Certificate
- Regular engagement with the AFLA Manager