Employees of Staffing OptionS recognise and respect that people who seek our services know what support best suits their needs. The culture of Staffing OptionS is one of flexibility with a ‘whatever it takes’ framework of responding. Staffing OptionS is constantly adapting and evolving and will continue to change and grow in response to the expressed needs of its customers.
Skills and Experience of our Support Staff
- Staff have a minimum of 12 months experience supporting people with a disability or the aged
- Staff possess a broad range of skills and experiences. Many have formal qualifications in Community Services.
- Staff are carefully interviewed and matched with the requirements of the people they are required to support.
- Staff are able to support people in a wide range of models including: their own home, respite, accommodation and the community.
- Staff receive a comprehensive induction which includes values based training focussing on what makes a Good Support Worker and how to put this in to practice.
- Staff are have experience in such areas as personal care and assisting with activities of daily living, assistance with medication, documentation requirements of service-providers, safe-lifting techniques and use of hoists and other mobility aids, supporting people with complex behaviours, high medical support needs such as gastrostomy management, amongst others.
- Are First Aid and CPR certified
- Possess a Disability Services QLD positive notice card (Yellow Card) and Working With Children Check (Blue Card); if working with People under 18 years. Staff working with Aged possess a National Police check.