Information with Regard to Making a Complaint
Steps to take should you wish to compliment our service or make a complaint.
Making a complaint
If you have a concern with the way Staffing OptionS is providing a service to you then please contact us and talk to a Coordinator or Manager. Maybe an issue has arisen with one of our staff, or you disagree with a decision made. Whatever the problem, we encourage you to exercise your right to complain. We will take your complaint seriously and will do our best to resolve the issue promptly and fairly.
While the process of dealing with a complaint can be difficult for all concerned it can provide an opportunity for a service to revisit systems and practices with a view to improving the service it offers. Your feedback is an invaluable contribution to that process and is welcomed by Staffing OptionS. There will be no retributive repercussion from any action you take, so contact us and help Staffing OptionS to maintain a quality service.
The nature and severity of a complaint can vary enormously. Often it can be dealt with informally over the phone. We encourage you to take this course of action as soon as a concern arises. Serious complaints require a more formal process. Again, contact us as soon as possible. We will acknowledge your complaint within 24 hours, will keep you informed of the actions taken and will endeavour to resolve the issue within 7 days of our initial contact.
We wish to assure you that the complaint will be dealt with confidentially. Only those with direct involvement in the complaint will be privy to the information. Should we need to speak to someone regarding your complaint, we will ask permission to do so. The only time we will discuss information relevant to the complaint is if we think someone is at risk of serious harm or if we think a criminal offence has occurred.
If you feel unable to talk to us yourself please ask a family member, friend or someone from another organisation to help you. We would call this person your advocate. Regardless of the severity of the complaint: whether you wish to raise it informally or formally, if you feel unable to raise the issue yourself we encourage you ask someone to represent you.
Guidelines – Making an informal complaint
- Talk to the staff member directly about your concern or contact a Coordinator / Manager at Staffing OptionS - they will talk to the staff member for you and get back to you within 3 days to give you feedback.
- If the complaint has not been resolved to your satisfaction go to step 2
Guidelines - Making a formal complaint
- Raise the complaint with a Coordinator / Manager. This can be done in writing or verbally. You will receive acknowledgement of your complaint within 24 hours. Staffing OptionS will do everything it can to resolve the issue within 7 days and apprise you of the action taken.
- Should the matter remain unresolved an independent mediator will be used to negotiate between yourself and Staffing Options.
- Should you feel uncomfortable with this process please appoint an advocate to represent you or accompany you to any meetings and discussion.
Organisations which may be of assistance
- SUFY – Speaking Up for You Inc Phone: (07) 3255 1244
- Office of the Adult Guardian Phone: (07) 3234 0870
- Office of the Health Ombudsman Phone: 133 646
- Amparo Advocacy Phone: (07) 3369 2500
- Amnesty International Phone: 1300 300 920
- Sunshine Citizen Advocacy Phone: (07) 5442 252
- Sunshine Coast Community Legal Services Phone: (07) 5443 7827