Employees of Staffing OptionS recognise and respect that people who seek our services know what support best suits their needs. The culture of Staffing OptionS is one of flexibility with a ‘whatever it takes’ attitude. At Staffing OptionS we are constantly adapting and evolving in response to the needs of our customers.
Skills and Experience of our Support Staff
- Minimum of 12 months experience supporting people with a disability or the aged.
- Possess a broad range of skills and experiences. Many have formal qualifications in the Community Services fields.
- We carefully interview and match staff with the requirements of the people who request support.
- Staff are able to support people in a wide range of models including: their own home, respite, accommodation and the community.
- Staff receive a comprehensive induction which includes values-based training, focussing on what makes a Good Support Worker and our expectations in putting that in to practice.
- Experience in such areas as personal care and assisting with activities of daily living, medication, documentation requirements of service-providers, safe-lifting techniques and use of hoists and other mobility aids. Also supporting people with complex behaviours and high medical support needs such as gastrostomy management, amongst others.
- Are First Aid and CPR certified.
- Possess a Disability Services QLD positive notice card (Yellow Card) and Working With Children Check (Blue Card); if working with People under 18 years. Staff working with Aged possess a National Police check.